- SPCA represents the interests of all residents within it’s civic boundaries when hearing variance requests.
- SPCA encourages all applicants for variances to present their plans to the membership meeting preceding the membership vote.
- The membership will vote on new variance requests received at least 14 (calendar) days ahead of the next scheduled meeting during that meeting. Requests submitted within 14 days will be voted at the following month’s meeting.
- Membership may vote to table the variance request for one month when there’s justification. Examples are changes stated about the submitted plans, unanswered questions or any issues that arise from the presentation.
- SPCA may call a special meeting to vote variance requests when justified. An example is a month without a regularly schedule membership meeting.
- New variance requests, including a copy of the requesters application for variance, will be posted on the SPCA website. Additionally, the request will be added to the agenda of the next membership meeting and postcards will be sent to property owners within 125′ for the subject property. The SPCA board will strive to ensure notification of variance applications is posted on nextdoor.com and the SPCA’s official Facebook page.
UPCOMING VARIANCE REQUESTS
CV21-130; 462 E. Beck St. (Dave Perry)
- Variance and Elevations
- Disapproved on 1/6/22. See vote tallies here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dEucPHZopBwNo_iveG8NewGOEOqQKlqh/view?usp=sharing
459 E. Livingston Ave. (Shane’s Corner)
COMPLETED ZONING PROJECTS
Z20-061 Passed City Council
CV 20-066 Passed City Council
Z20-061 TABLED BY DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION 1/14/2021 PASSED 2/11/2021
374 E. Whittier Street Passed 3/2/2021
572/574 Dutch Alley Failed 3/2/2021
Variance Updates 798-800 Bruck Passed 2/2/2021
CV20-082 424 JACKSON STREET Passed 10/13/2020
CV20-079 921 PARSONS AVENUE Passed 10/13/2020
364 E. WHITTIER , Passed Zoning Meeting and City Council
Conceptual presentation 2/4/2020
REZONE VOTE 3/3/2020 DISAPPROVAL
TO BE HEARD AT CSSAC May 26, 2020 Passed.
364 Whittier Street has passed the Development Commission with the added amendment that there will not be any rooftop entertainment. 6/11/2020
509-511 E. Columbus Street Brandon Baker
CSSAC supported our Vote, Disapproval 10/22/2019 This will now be heard at BZA
ZONING VOTE MAY 14, 2019 , THIS IS HELD OVER FOR A VOTE JUNE 4
CV18-08 CHANGES IN PROJECT -Passed by City Council JULY 22,2019
364 E. Whittier Street March 5, 2019 VARIANCE FAILED CSSAC 3/26/2019 Variance Failed
COMPLETED VARIANCE REQUESTS
CV18-049 568 LATHROP Presentation 1/15/19 VOTE 2/5/19 Passed
CV18-051 466 BLENKNER Presentation 1/15/19 VOTE 2/5/19 Passed
616 S Ninth Presentation 1/15/19 VOTE 2/5/19 Passed
364 WHITTIER STREET—--VARIANCES FAILED
CSSAC -Variances failed 12/18/2018
These variance requests failed SPCA 8/14/2018
( Working with City Staff on new presentation before returning to SPCA)
NO VOTE SEPTEMBER 4, 2018 (Placed on hold per developer)
Past Variance requests
370 FOREST STREET, click the Variance Review. VARIANCE PASSED February 2018
Please click the link for Hardship Letter ,Letter of Hardship
Upcoming Requests (slated for October 2017 meeting):
The following Zoning and/or Demolition Request will be presented at the next Schumacher Place Civic Association meeting. The application will come before the Schumacher Place Civic Association on October 3, 2017. To review the materials, please click this link.
Previous Requests (discussed at February 2017 meeting):
The following Zoning and/or Demolition Request will be presented at the next Schumacher Place Civic Association meeting. The application will come before the Schumacher Place Civic Association for a vote on February 7, 2017 before moving forward to the Columbus South Side Area Commission Zoning Committee at the application site. Please contact Curtis Davis for the schedule. The Columbus South Side Area Commission review will take place on Tuesday, February 28, 6:30pm, at the new Parsons Avenue library branch.
To access the city review for a zoning variance – access this site. Navigate to the bottom right where it says Zoning and Search Applications. Enter either the application number or the street address or other identifying criteria.
Membership Vote Results: